Few people are as unrecognized as our teachers—those syllabus-making, hall-pass-welding, sanitizer gurus and daily masters of our children. Those saints who somehow understand Junior High students or know how to build trust and rapport with teenagers. We love to give them gifts at the end of the year to make up for what we know is one of the most chaotic jobs in the world, but this year, skip the candles or the freshly-baked-but-bought-from-the-store goodies—we’ve got a list of what every teacher really wants this year.
1. Silence. Just pure, unadulterated silence.
2. Tickets to the movies. Adult movies, where you never see a dancing/speaking/singing animal.
4. Lysol. Because ‘tis the season for germs.
5. A super-powered vacuum. To get up the 12 pounds of glitter your kid’s ornament craft left behind.
6. A nap
7. Time to themselves
8. Lesson-plan-free days
9. Christmas Carols sung in tune
10. When in doubt, a simple thank you will suffice.
In all seriousness, we at Clear Touch love our teachers! Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed, and you are true world changers! Thanks for all you do, all year long!