1. IMPROVED READING SKILLS
2. INCREASED STUDENT SCORES
3. ENHANCED STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
Sharyland ISD’s educator, Athit "Dede" Farias redefines how educational technology can be successfully integrated into the classroom to reform special education, specifically, approaches to teaching students with dyslexia.
"Learning is multi-sensory, and Clear Touch 1000% does multi-sensory learning. The difference now is that the child is actively engaged and they're learning" - Dede Farias, Testing Coordinator
With a focus on multi-sensory learning and a passion for supporting students with dyslexia, Dede Farias's experiences highlight the profound impact of Clear Touch technology in fostering engagement, confidence, and academic growth among students.
Technology integration in modern education has become a driving force for innovation and improved learning experiences. This case study delves into the transformative journey of Dede Farias, an enthusiastic educator who has successfully revolutionized the educational landscape for special education in her elementary and secondary classrooms by leveraging Clear Touch interactive panels.
- Using Clear Touch panels, students who previously struggled to read and identify letters and words now show substantial progress in literacy.
- Students became more confident in their abilities and actively engaged in lessons using Clear Touch panels.
- Clear Touch panels encouraged multi-sensory learning allowing students to hear, touch, and see content making it easier for them to grasp and retain information.
- Utilizing Clear Touch solutions allowed students to become more proficient in digital skills necessary for their academic and professional advancement.
- With the data collected from students, educators can utilize Clear Touch to tailor instruction for all students. This can be essential for developing an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for students to monitor and improve scores.
"The kids take an active role in their own learning. Clear Touch totally lends itself to our kids” - Dede Farias, Testing Coordinator
Clear Touch plays an integral part in the development of multisensory learning experiences. With our interactive displays, students in primary and high school classrooms gain the opportunity to engage with lesson materials through physical interaction, such as touching, dragging, and writing. This hands-on approach greatly enhances their comprehension and ability to retain important concepts.
PREPARATION FOR STATE EXAMS
Teachers utilized Clear Touch panels to create activities that replicated the exam format, offering students a sense of familiarity and comfort during their preparation. This approach led to enhanced performance and confidence in exams.
With the success Dede received from integrating Clear Touch solutions into her curriculum, she is working with other educators to develop and incorporate more interactive lessons. These lessons reinforce instruction, create equitable learning, and increase student scores by catering to diverse learning needs.
More about Clear Touch
Clear Touch, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a leading US global manufacturer of interactive touch panels and accessories as well as digital signage displays and solutions for education, government, and business. Clear Digital is our affiliate brand that specializes in digital signage solutions. For more information, visit our websites: getcleartouch.com | getcleardigital.com | getclearpower.com